To be in the shop at all, you must be:
- Conscious, sober, and alert
- Respectful of other people and the equipment
- Wearing safety glasses and appropriate attire (i.e. closed-toe shoes, no loose clothing, tied-back hair)
To use any tools or machines:
- There is a Proctor on Duty, or
- You are working within line of sight and earshot of a Proctor.
- You must check in (requires being current on the Safety Test and not owing money)
Finally, while in the shop:
- Tools must stay in the shop that they live in (we have had too many tools walk away to be lax with this rule).